2007-03-06

Achtung!

I suppose it's cheating to use vocabulary I've know since 1991, thanks to U2, but it fits.

I was messing around this morning, checking emails from home, etc. and it occurred to me that I didn't see the last couple of episodes of Studio 60 before their "hiatus." So, I went the NBC website and watched the update clips of those two. I got interested enough to figure I'd watch an episode before Curt gets up. I got a notice on my screen that said, "the clip you selected is not available in your location," and then it played a Ziplock bag commercial. Twice.

I haven't tried any other networks, but I suspect they have similar ways of knowing where you are. So, if you're headed overseas for a while, plan on cutting yourself free of American TV. It's really not such a bad thing.

P.S. I started taking photos of the neighborhood for your online tour yesterday, but it was late afternoon and the light wasn't the best. I will try again today as it looks like clear skies for a second day in a row!

1 comment:

Steely Danielle said...

http://video.aol.com/video-category/studio-60/2261/page/2/view-type/detail/per-page/12

You can buy your episodes online...they were great!