2007-02-28

Zapf-Hahn

I'm trying out new vocabulary for my post titles as one of several ways to learn the local language. Today's term means faucet.

As Curt mentioned, we're settling in. I thought perhaps I would give you a photo introduction to our street and apartment, but I think that will wait a day or two.
On Monday, we discovered a leak under the kitchen sink. Curt asked our landlord to come and take a look and we ended up turning off the cold water to the sink for a couple of days. Today, the landlord brought a plumber and he worked away for about 2.5 hours. Curt had to go to the University for a bit so I was left to, well, be here. Finally, Herr Eder (the landlord) came in to tell me everything is ok. With some broken English, he showed me that everything under the sink is ok now and that we have a new faucet that can turn easily to fill either or both sides of the double basin sink. This is a big improvement for the hard twist we'd have to give the old one which apparently loosened the too short connector below.
Here is our new faucet:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! How do you say "awesome floral tile backsplash" in German?

Melissa Goodman said...

Its about time you all started blogging. I had almost given up. You were sorrily missed this evening at the Nook, where 13 of us huddled around a pool table in the back that they had covered with table tops. Large group seating at the Nook - you've only been gone a month and see how much has changed! MG